Soooo it's been 3.5 weeks since I heard from Chris last. I "knew" the last time we spoke that the lull in communication was coming, but it doesn't make it any more fun. To be honest after week 1.5, the worry was significantly trumped by, "I just want to hear his darn voice" which took affect and continues to rein. No news, is good news =).
Oh, and I officially 100% stay away from googling Afghanistan news articles... well maybe not 100%, but I would say a good 85%. A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do to sleep at night. For the record, if there is an article you find via your own google ventures, never hesitate to send to me because there is a 99.9% chance that I already found it (even with my reduction in googling) or it's only a matter of time until I do =).
Oh, and I officially 100% stay away from googling Afghanistan news articles... well maybe not 100%, but I would say a good 85%. A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do to sleep at night. For the record, if there is an article you find via your own google ventures, never hesitate to send to me because there is a 99.9% chance that I already found it (even with my reduction in googling) or it's only a matter of time until I do =).
I decided this evening to dabble/ try and pick back up my love for Brian Williams and NBC Nightly news... lasted for about five minutes. It's not that I am avoiding reality - trust me, I am aware of what's going on in the world, I would just rather read it via my own inner voice than hear it via someone who gets paid for their "mastering" (depends on the network) in tone of voice (not knocking the talent by any means, I fully appreciate it and if I do say so, myself can be pretty good at myself when necessary).
I am sure everyone has read or seen on the news today (and everyday) - the reports on the number of American's who continue to give make the ultimate sacrifice. (A report that I fully appreciate and think is absolutely necessary.)
I understand that it's the media's job to "report" and attempt to do so in a "bipartisan/unbiased" fashion (which we all know is rarely the case) and, in my opinion, regardless of what your views are of the wars in Afghanistan/ Iraq if there is one issue that can be given good heart felt bipartisan/unbiased coverage, it's "supporting our troops." Not supporting the war, supporting our troops.
For the record, I realize my usage of "it's a bipartisan issue" is fully loaded and it can be argued 10,000 ways as to why it is or why it's not a bipartisan issue (trust me I would be happy to give it a go), but my point or question is - the media sticks it's bipartisan/unbiased tone wherever it sees fit (sarcasm) - would it really be all that difficult to report the number of American's who continue to give make the ultimate sacrifice and end with something like, "thank you for allowing us to keep protecting our freedom" instead of just moving right along?
Just a thought.
Back to the main reason for my post - 3.5 weeks (since I heard from Chris last) and counting buuuuut... no news, is good news and a happy note: today was the official last day to ship packages! I use an "!" because that means we will be getting a more narrowed down home coming window soon!!! Hooray Hooray Hooray!
Thank you soooo verrrryyyy MUCH for sending packages - it truly keeps them going. If you have sent packages within the last month, rest assured he has probably gotten them/ will get them. I will inquire and let you know when I hear his precious voice again (yes, Marines are precious when their wives say so =)).
It's sleepy time. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great night!
~Elizabeth
No comments:
Post a Comment