Late last night/ early this morning I heard from Chris for the first time in six days via e-mail!!! It was short and sweet. They are in transit so phone/ internet capabilities are slim to none, but they made it fine and he would talk to me soon! Yayyyy!!!!
With that said, if you wanted to send a package or a letter/ you have sent a letter or package PERFECTLY fine, because they will hold it all at that address until it can be delivered to him and let's be serious, what could be better than being 1,000s of miles away from the comforts of home, to finally arrive and have packages from home?! Thanks for sending!
Oh and I almost forgot - Chris didn't mention anything about seeing the President and I am 99.9% sure they were already in route to wherever by the time the President was in Kabul.
Now to a much overdue good nights rest...
*Picture from 2007 when Lt. Parks was learning to become Lt. Parks. The Basic School Family Day 2007 - I am intimidating, I know!
Side Note On Packages: It's up to you, but I recommend NOT getting delivery confirmation on packages you send. From what I was told by USPS, the tracking only covers the package while it is in the US. After that, no mass.
Insurance however is legit, but I leave that decision entirely up to you. Do I ensure packages I send? Unless I am sending Chris something of value (an ipod, weights, etc) I never insure the packages and have thus far, (knock on wood) never had a problem. I do however, mark on the customs form "return to sender" if package is undeliverable.

Glad Chris made it ok! Love that picture of you, so happy!
ReplyDelete